Friday, August 29, 2008

First Dyeing

Well I couldn't help myself after seeing some of the amazing wool that the ladies on TNN have done, so I brought some plain wool and some food colouring. It was a pain in the arse making a super skein, but was good exercise. I didn't like the colours when they were straight out of the bottle, so I played around and managed to get some pretty good colours. Not really bold, but I do like what I have come up with.



It's 200gm's worth so might have something to do with not getting strong colours. I also put too much water in the bowls so that might have something to do with it as well. I will have to get some cake dye's at some stage, but I have heaps of wool at the mo, so I had better use some of this up before I get more :)

We got heaps of giggles from Cara this afternoon, it was so funny, she went all fruity. What a character she is becoming. I took a really great photo of Aaron and Cara in the shower last night. Here it is:



I will have to get this pic printed and framed. I love it.

1 comment:

Fi said...

Gorgeous photo - This will be one that you cherish for the rest of your lives :)