Friday, January 16, 2009

My first crochet project

Well I couldn't believe it myself, I jumped in feet first one day when I got a library book out just after Christmas. There was a great pattern in it for a crochet snake. I had the right size hook, some yarn so I thought 'Hey why not'. Well it took me about 7 attempts to get it started, and I still couldn't figure out the pattern. Serves me right since the only other thing I have made before is a giant granny square for Cara in the car.

So me being me, changed it to suit. Once I did this it grew very quickly. Thankfully I did read enough of the pattern to know to stuff it as I went otherwise it would have been a right pain in the ass to fill at the end. I did take note as to when the increases were made in the pattern, but other than that I just went for it.

I also changed the head slightly to make it easier for me, as well as the tongue.

The eyes were done in felt in the pattern, but these looked boring so I made some flowers instead using this tutorial. Lucy's blog is amazing, her blankets (and everything else) make me feel all giddy. Here I was thinking I liked only earthy colours, ha, I believe the wonderful world of knitting and crochet is changing that haha.

This is Lily




Now off to finish off the Rainbow Dress I started weeks ago. Look out world I'm on a roll LOL

6 comments:

Heart Felt said...

How cute is that little fellow,,,,very sweet. x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous snake! Well done!

Attic24 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hooky snake!!! WOW, I am bowled over by that! and the flowery eyes :: genius!
Happy hooking, whats next??
Lucexxxxxx
ps thanks for your lovely words about the Attic blog, much appreciated
xx

BumbleBee Bagz said...

how cute is that!!! bet your kiddo loves it

Hannah said...

oh i love this!!! soooo gorgeous!!

Jetta's Nest said...

Oh I love it! It's so cute :)

I can't wait for winter so I can start crocheting!!