Monday, August 3, 2009

Interchangeable Needle Case

I am so very very proud of what I made yesterday. It's been on my mind for sometime. I made one the other week for a friend, then one for me yesterday.

As per the title I have made a Interchangeable Needle Case which I so desperately needed. I searched NZ sites and couldn't find any, found some on Etsy, but they were too expensive and not quite what I wanted. So me being me thought "hey I can do this myself", so out came pen and paper and this is the result:




There are two zipped pockets, one for cables, one for fixed circulars. There are two rows of pockets for the needles (I'm sure they will fill up soon enough). There is also room for a measuring tape and needle size do-daky (can't for the life of me remember the name).

Now my ever increasing Knit Picks are all nice and tidy, yiiippppeeeeee

Oh and I should add, while there are no numbers to tell me what size the tips are, I just couldn't bring myself to write the numbers on with a fabric pen, hence the space for the needle size do-daky LOL

I will be setting up an Etsy store soon and will have some of these available to purchase as well as the pattern if you would like to make your own :) Watch this space!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hun! Let me know if you ever want to sew one for money - it is beautiful!

Julia said...

Yep! What she said! That's gorgeous!

Nova said...

oh very cool! yours is designed so so much better than mine! if i pick mine up the wrong way everything falls out! hahahahaha doh.

sweetp said...

Seriously cool! I love the fabric. Much nicer than my jammed packed plastic case!

gardenmama said...

This is gorgeous, great job!! : )

Felicia said...

I have been looking for a case for my knit picks needles. PLEASE PLEASE let me know when you set up your Etsy shop.

Heart Felt said...

Great idea....especially with the funky fabric. xx

Kylie said...

This is such a great idea. Well done.

Kate said...

Wow Jo, that is beautiful!!! Awesome idea, they'll be snapped up :-).