Thursday, October 22, 2009

Catch Up Cupcakes - Oct 22

No excuses really, just been super busy.

I made a batch of really yummy Vanilla Cupcakes over the weekend, these are so so yum and didn't last long around here :) I can't remember where I got the original recipe from, it is written in my recipe journal and is well used.



Here is the recipe:

2 3/4 cups plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
200gm softened butter
1 3/4 cup castor sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk

1. Pre-heat oven to 170C, line muffin tray with cupcake papers

2. Sift flour & baking powder into a bowl

3. In a seperate bowl cream butter for 1-2 minutes

4. Add castor sugar to the butter a 1/3 at a time, beating for 1 minute each time

5. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between

6. Add vanilla

7. Add 1/2 flour, then 1/2 milk. Beat well between each one and alternate until finished.

8. 3/4 fill cupcakes and bake for 18 - 20 minutes

9. Remove cupcakes immediately from muffin tray onto cooling rack.

Ice with butter icing and decorate to your hearts desire. This recipe makes 24 cupcakes. They freeze beautifully

Oh and I thought I would add this photo. Miss C's reach was higher than I thought. She was playing outside while I was icing the cupcakes, came inside and saw what I was doing. Got a wee bit over excited and was trying to climb up my leg to get to the cupcakes, next minute I hear her running down the hallway. I knew she must be up to something, so grabbed the camera and followed. There she was with a freshly iced cupcake having the time of her life :)



Enjoy

xx

3 comments:

Sam said...

great minds think alike with food posts today!

Love the cupcake monster!

Sally said...

Yummy yummy yummy.
I never realised cup cakes could be frozen. Thanks...

Anonymous said...

yummm, and I have been craving cupcakes since last night. this is perfect, thank you!