I'm feeling all gooey today, the lovely Kelly from knit.so.quaint has awarded me a Gorgeous Blogger Award
Along with accepting the award you need to share 6 things about yourself that people probably don't know, here goes...
1) I always over commit to what I can do, I never have just one project on the go except for knitting, but this is mainly due to the fact that there are a number of other things on my 'to do' list that I am working on. My partner Aaron is the same, hence the reason we never seem to finish anything here LOL. There should be a CA as well as AA. Then I can introduce myself as Jo the Crafterholic :)
2) Both Aaron and I are Scorpians, I knew the day I was going to meet him as something odd happened to me and that afternoon I met him through mutual friends. We have been together now for 10 years. He's my soul mate and I love him dearly.
3) I don't dress as I see myself, I'm very plain in how I dress. This is probably due to low self esteem and hating how I look. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and got hassled all through school because of it. I see beautiful clothes but am too scared to wear them for fear of looking like a fat dork.
4) I'm obsessed with my garden, when I was working long hours it was my stress relief, I would pour myself a bourbon and potter about in the garden. I dream of owning a large property which I would deck out as an artists retreat, beautiful gardens, beautiful sculpture and little shacks for studios. We would hold week long workshops for various arts and crafts. I would also love to be able to live off the land more than what we can now.
5) I used to work as an office manager and worked stupidly long hours. I never thought I would be able to not work and be a Stay at Home Mum, but guess what I am and love every single minute I get to spend with my little miss, she is a dream and the best thing apart from Aaron to happen to me.
6) I have a sewing pattern that I am about to release, unfortunately this has taken me longer to do than I thought, it's not like the old days when I worked and I could work 12 hours on a project each day, I'm lucky if I get to spend 2 hours in a row. This does my head in a bit, but I just need to be patient and get it done.
So it's not very exciting, probably quite boring for everyone to read the above, sorry.
Now I am going to award 5 Bloggers this award so that we can get to know them a little better as well.
1. First up is Jacqui from Hazelnuts
. I love Jacqui's blog, her sewing is amazing and she also does lots of other crafty stuff. I'm not even sure if Jacqui checks my blog so I hope she sees this.
2. Next is Juila from Just One W.I.P. Julia is an absolute sweetie, amazing knitter and dyer and I feel really lucky to have her as a friend.
3. Now it's time to introduce Meika from Meika's Little Treasures. This blog is amazing, her sewing is so so beautiful.
4. Can't forget Sam from Sams Snippets, I've only started to get to know Sam a bit more through an online forum we are on. Check out her amazing knitting and scrapbook pages.
5. Last but not least is Ali from 006. Licensed to Knit, Ali's blog is relatively new, but she has done some amazing knitting and has a new venture with Julia (above) and Kate from Chevgirl