Well I got a tad impatient and decided to make a doll even though I don't have the correct doll skin fabric yet. I just used t shirting and while it worked OK because the stretch goes in both directions, it was a bit hard to stuff the doll correctly.
I used the instructions in this book
The head was started by using a ball of wool, then wrapping this in roving, then cheese cloth. While it is an easy way to make the head, it has made the head very heavy. I'm not sure if this is normal, but it's a bit of a pain. I did take a heap of hair off (not that you can tell in the photo's) and it has made it a bit better, but still quite heavy.
I also munted the eyes, but I shouldn't complain really as she is my first Waldorf Doll so I can't complain with how she's turned out.
Cara loves her, and before she even had hair and a wee dress on her, she was played with constantly. Poor thing already has vegemite stains on her tum LOL
She is 15" and I made the dress. I am going to make some more clothes for her and will put patterns up on this blog for downloading.
I can see she will be the first of many, because she was so much fun to make.
Until the next doll