Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Creative Space - Thurs 26th April 2012

One of my all time favourite things to craft is dolls.  I love the whole process from fabric choices, right through to the very end.


I love how once I have finished a dollies face, I'm committed and she must be finished.   Might seem a bit strange but once a doll comes to life with her wee face there's no turning back and she has got to get finished.


Here's my latest dolly which I made for a lovely friend who's wee girl was born a couple of months ago.




The pattern for this doll is made by the very very talented Sarah from Dolls and Daydreams


If you are interested in her patterns, pop over to her instant download shop here 


I am planning on having a few of these dollies for sale by the end of this year so watch this space.


For more creative spaces go check these peeps out







13 comments:

Fay said...

She's lovely!

Notchka said...

She is so lovely. I love how you have done the hair and the combination of fabrics. She really reminds me of a raggedy Anne doll my mum made me when I was little

Maxabella said...

What a great for your friends new bubba.

Loved your comment in the "face" making you committed. They become little people once the face is on! x

Jen said...

what a bright wonderful doll!! :)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

She's so cute, happy doll making for the rest of the month, love Posie

Unknown said...

She has a very pretty face. What a lovely present for a new baby :)

LionessLady said...

She's adorable! I have the babushka pattern from the space place... they are great patterns arent they?!

Miriam said...

Love it - it has a real raggedy ann feel (in a good way) it looks truly loveable!

Tweed Thoughts said...

She's a real 'cutie'! I love her stripey legs, hehe :)

CHD said...

I love the hair and your fabric choice. I love doll making too, especially seeing them come together. I often get very attached to mine and sometimes can almost not bare to part with them. Thanks for your kind comment over at mine. Cx

Peli said...

cutest thing ever!!!

Mandy said...

Oh I love those rosy heart cheeks! & the stripy legs! So cute! Lovely job! I'm having a girl tomorrow, so you can send it to me! bwahahahaha.... If that doesn't suit you, ummm... I will have her next week? lol

Sketched Soul said...

This turned out wonderful!